Equine Retina Fine Art Prints
For the veterinarian or scientist who appreciates the incredible beauty found in biology.
This painting is from an image of a horse with EMND. Equine Motor Neuron Disease. Most often horses present with neuromuscular signs. In some cases the back of the eye is also affected. In this case, a sweet mare named Raven was in dire straights and her new owner had her evaluated. Dr. Kathy Jordan did an amazing job bringing this mare back to lovely condition. It’s incredible that a disease can produce something so beautiful even though it is a dysfunction.
- These prints are made in the USA
- Giclee printing produces museum quality fine art reproductions.
- Premium archival papers are used.
- The inks are special light-fast inks, and archival certified.
- When treated properly, they will last a lifetime.
- All of the materials meet and exceed the standards set forth by the Fine Art Trade Guild for pH and lightfastness.
- Sizes 5×7, 8 x 10 and 11 x 14 are on watercolor paper.
- 38″ x 44 ” is on Canvas. It is large, please ensure someone will be available to receive the delivery.
This particular print is a painting of the retina of a horse with Equine Motor Neuron Disease. The reference photo credit goes to Dr. Kathy Jordan. The subject is her own sweet mare Raven. Dr.Jordan did an absolutely amazing job rehabilitating Raven into wonderful condition. Raven is lucky to be so well-loved by her veterinarian and owner Dr. Jordan!
- Size 5 x 7, 8 x 10 and 11 x 14 prints will be shipped flat.
- 38″ x 44″ Canvas is shipped ready to hang.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for production and shipping.
- Each print will be individually sealed inside it’s own crystal clear acid-free protective bag.
Tips for Matting and Framing:
5″ x 7″ prints:
- will fit into a simple frame with a 5″ x 7″ opening ( no mat ), or,
- a frame with an 8″ x 10″ opening plus a 5″ x 7 ” mat.
- These should all be easily available at craft stores like Michaels and even Walmart.
8″ x 10″ prints:
- will fit into a simple frame with an 8″x 10″ opening – no mat, or,
- or an 11″ x 14″ frame plus an 8″ x 10″ mat.
- Check craft stores like Michaels and even Walmart.
11″ x14″ prints:
- will fit into a simple frame with an 11″x 14″ opening – no mat, or,
- or an 16″ x 20″ frame plus an 11″ x 14″ mat.
- Larger sized mats you may need to find online in stores such as Michaels.
Traditionally watercolors are matted and famed in white in order to let the art speak freely.
When choosing a mat or frame of another color, it is ideal to pick colors that are found within the artwork in order for it to “pop” .
Avoid choosing mats and frames to simply match existing decor ( if the decor colors are not neutral) , as you may find the colors clash once you get it on the wall.